Are you familiar with TED talks? If not, then you are really missing out on great learning experience. TED talks allow people from all walks of life to spend some time on stage, explaining their particular skill.
You can see motivational speakers like Mel Robbins or astronomer Steve Webb give his views on the possibility or not of aliens and visitations. There are many TED talks on Creativity and here are 10 you watch now.
1. Tim Brown loves the idea of using play as a way to spark your creative button. As adults, we have lost the playfulness we had as children and Tim gives his TED audience some creative exercises to do. You can watch it here.
2. Matt Cutts is a big believer in challenges and he is certainly onto something as it has been proven that people love to be challenged and strive to win.
He believes that procrastination is a big killer of creativity as people have ideas, then they dismiss them with the intention to do it another day.
The excuses to keep putting off doing a creative idea will eventually become part of the way a person thinks, and it is a habit that can be changed by using 30-day challenges. Watch it here.
3. Sir Keith Robertson has done a number of talks on creativity. He is of the firm belief that school is one of the very first things that kill our creativity.
He is known as one of the foremost experts on creativity vs the school system. His number one passion is that we recreate the school system to incorporate learning and creativity by all types of learners, rather than teaching to the one large type of learner and ignoring the others. Watch it here.
4. Julie Burstein is an interviewer who has spoken to a number of creative people. In her TED talk, she gives four ideas on how to create, despite having challenges. Watch it here.
5. David Kelley is a well-known designer. He believes you need to enhance your confidence to create and explains how he has done so in his outstanding career. Watch it here.
6. Elizabeth Gilbert is the author of “Eat, Pray, Love.” She believes that we put up our own roadblocks to creativity and we should allow our own hidden genius to shine through.
She is of the belief, that everyone has a genius mode but it must be unlocked. As a writer, she learned that people around her always came from a base of fear.
They would ask her why she wasn’t afraid that she would never be successful. When her book, Eat, Pray, Love became a mega-hit, they then changed the question to, wasn’t she afraid that she would never ever write a book as successful as that one again. They believed it would all downhill after that book. Watch it here.
7. Joshua Walters talks about embracing his being bi-polar and using it to his advantage. He believes when you have something a little different going on in your head, it can lead to higher creativity and that many performers use this as a way to put forth creative messages. Watch it here.
8. Amy Tan talks about how her creativity began, and how it continued to grow. She believes there are three N’s to her creativity, nature, nurture, and nightmare.
Perhaps the nightmare for Amy is the different traumas that she faced growing up. She does believe that writing and using those traumas, has made her a successful writer. Watch it here.
9. Isabel Allende gives her TED talk on courage and passion, which are both requirements for creativity. You have to be courageous and put your best foot forward to reap the rewards.
Being very passionate about what you create can help build that courage because you want to show the world what you are made of. Watch it here.
10. Ross Lovegrove is a designer. He uses the simplicity of nature to come up with elegant designs that are not wasteful. His creativity comes from seeing different patterns in nature. Watch it here.
So that is my top10 list of TED Talks on creativity, which one did you like? let me know in the comment section below.